Germany remains a trade fair country – even in the age of digitization. Here we take a look at the event and trade show highlights.
The Leipzig Book Fair for example attracted hundreds of thousands of visitors again! And the Saxon metropolis is certainly not alone.
Interestingly, no other country in the world can brag about such a large number and variety of internationally important trade fairs. But this does not come as a surprise to us, as the trade fair industry in Germany has a long tradition. In fact the early days of trade fairs go back to the 14th century where they rised around Aachen, Cologne and Duisburg.
Its economic strength, orientation on export and the central location in the heart of Europe adds great value to Germany as trade fair country.
Trade fairs are an important economic factor and crucial for your expansion plans to Germany
Approximately 3.7 billion in sales are generated per year, with approximately 10 billion visitors. The international aspect is also expressed in the exhibitions. Of the 10 billion visitors approximately 2.9 billion are from abroad and on average, 55 percent of the exhibitors come from outside of Germany.
Even when “everything” can be dealt with online, trade fairs are obviously not “out”. Personal contact still plays an important role for initiating and doing business and is a helpful asset for your expansion plans. As you might have heard before, especially the Germans need to develop trust before going into business with anyone and besides they are very loyal to their current partners.
A trade fair is an ideal place for getting to know each other. Furthermore people appreciate being able to touch and look at goods. So even though digitalization definitely puts a dent in the trade fair business it will remain an important factor for doing business, not only for German businesses.
Relevant trade fairs in April, May, June 2019
We keep an eye on the most important trade fairs in Germany and present you with a list every quarter. If expansion to Germany is on your agenda, a visit to a trade show in your line of business might be something to consider.
25. – 28. Fair Handeln, International exhibition focusing on fair trade and globally responsible trade and activities, Messe Stuttgart
27. – 28. Veggienale & Fairgoods, Fair for a plant-based Lifestyle & Ecological Sustainability, Hannover (more dates and locations throughout the year in Frankfurt, Cologne, Leipzig and Hamburg)
02. – 04. Micromobolity Expo, Micro mobile. Infrastructures. Services. Messe Hannover
07. – 08. OMR, The OMR Festival is the leading digital marketing event in Europe, Messe Hamburg.
Get in touch with us for 30% discount on your entrance tickets.
08. – 09. Performance Days, The World’s first address for innovations, trends, and sourcing of fabrics and accessories in functional sportswear, athleisure, safety & durability. Messe Munich
08.- 09. Logistics & Distribution, The new trade show for intralogistics, Messe Dortmund
14. – 17. Tech Textil, Technical textiles for all applications and a wide range of textile technologies, Messe Frankfurt
14. – 16. Clean Transport, Congress & Expo for Public Transport Cleaning, Messe Hannover
15. – 17. Intersolar Europe, The world’s leading exhibition for the solar industry and its partners
17. e-Commerce Day 2019, The trade fair for online business, Köln
27. – 28. Plastic Free World, A Pathway to Creating a World Free From Plastic Waste, Messe Frankfurt
30.06. – 03.07. OutDoor by ISPO, Europe’s largest outdoor trade fair, Messe München